Sunday, June 22, 2014

What we did in Bulgaria for two weeks :) The Park.



We stayed 13 nights in Bulgaria.
After the Gotcha Day, our days were routinely the same.

We went to a park twice a day, most days.
This park is why I chose the apartment in which we stayed. I do not enjoy city life and this enabled us to get away from it.

We went to the nearby mall once. I looked at John and said, "I don't want to be here, or in any other shopping building ever again on this trip. I'd much rather have open spaces and sunlight. :)"

These photos show what the park is like. The park is inside of Sofia, Bulgaria, but has a wonderful nature feel.
There are paved walking roads, dirt "off road" trails, two playgrounds, and streams, throughout a wooded park.


LUKEETA (swing)! We learned this Bulgarian word quickly. The children really enjoy swings. They talked about it each day and looked forward to swinging.

Zephan was really hesitant at first. He seems afraid of "everything", but still wants to do things, anyway. It wasn't long before fear left him!












This is Andrew being a pirate!
This park refreshed Andrew.













Andrew in his 
comfort zone.
We praise the Lord for this!
This is how it looks in Sofia, surrounded by mountains. Lovely.




Happy barefoot boy!


This is how cat tail is harvested. We enjoy eating cat tail and Andrew enjoyed feeling at home and giving some of his foraging produce to his new sister and brother :)



Ellie is trying cat tail plant for the first time :)









I remember Zephan seemed to just begin learning how to be a boy, a nature appreciating boy! It was sweet to see him follow Andrew's lead.






Ellie was soon "whacking" things with a stick too!
We are so grateful for Andrew! Even in exhaustion, he "kept it together". He continuously gave his energy to Zephan and Ellie. He showed them much love. And was consistently grateful. Andrew has become a true blessing of a son, following the ways of his Savior.

















So much joy in our little Ellie!




Little Handsome with his daddy!


Apparently if you are a war scout, it's a good idea to shoot the enemy with a gun stick. LOL
Happy boy in a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment