Sunday, November 10, 2013
advocating for orphans II
This little sweetie, ahhh, my insides ache as I write in hope of finding him a family. John and I committed to adopting him a year ago. We CHOSE this child. The agency he was with then, told us he was "unavailable". What they said didn't make sense, even after all my questions were "sort of" answered. We decided we weren't comfortable with that agency and then asked a friend for a recommendation of an adoption agency. We changed agencies. Now we are completely satisfied, beyond satisfied with our adoption agency! Our agency currently has this little boy's file. My heart jumped then grieved when I recognized him, when I saw he is STILL AVAILABLE. We have already chosen two children and are thrilled to be adopting Zephan and Elliora. We can not add this little boy to our adoption. I pray that his future family sees him and that he is adopted long before we could possibly get him. His country does not require a family to be home study ready before committing to adoption. The family can do their home study and dossier quickly after committing. If he is chosen now, he could be in his family in about a year. He needs to be chosen now. He needs loving physical contact, stimulation, he needs a family to nurture him. I expect he would benefit greatly from a family who "baby wears" (or toddler wears). He needs all the security and closeness he has been missing all his life. He is only 22 pounds at four years old. With nurture, I expect he will thrive! This sweet boy is blind. He loves music and any attention he receives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment